First time for everything

So today is the end of a 12 day business trip for Dad Bugz (he gets home almost to make it 13 days).  I am about worn out from playing both mom and dad roles.  I don't know how single moms do it all the time!

Anyways, today was one of those battle days with Small Bugz.  He was tired and being sassy so he was getting in trouble left and right as he got ready for school.  He put his church shoes on a few months ago and said I can't get them to go on, so I got down and shoved his foot into the shoe and it really would not go on.  Gasp!  His shoes that he had been wearing for the past two years really did not fit anymore.  We have gotten so use to the fact that he just does not grow that we don't think he actually grows and needs larger sizes.  So back to the original story - I got him out the door after having an argument about him riding his bike to school.  He had been gone for about 3 mins when I hear the door.  I open the door and he says, "My sock is being weird," and he needs help.  I take his shoe off and his sock has slid half way down his foot.  I thought in the back of my head that he needed his newer socks that were bigger but he was going to be late to school so I fixed the sock and got him out the door again.  The argument started again that he wanted to ride his bike and not his scooter to school.  I told him no and to get on to school. I closed the door and looked out the window and saw him sticking his tongue out at me with a sassy attitude.  I opened the door up and said that was rude (while inside I was shocked that he was doing that - never before had I seen this from him!)  He said, "Sorry, Mom!"

I hope this does not mean that we are hitting the wonderful Preteen years early!

I also went on a field trip with his class today to This is the Place Park.  His class his awful and that is putting it nicely.  They are so rude and do not listen to anything adults say, not even the teacher.  On the way back they were talking about stuff that I don't think I knew much about until I was way older than them (9/10 year olds)  One of the kids said a word and someone said what does that mean and he said he had no idea but he had been saying it all day.  The park was getting ready for Halloween and had some hung dolls hanging from the rafters and this same boy says Dead Man Walking, Dead Man Walking!  I did not even know what this was until I was in my 20s.  Is it just me or do kids know more earlier than we did at their age?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Question for the week/month

Split Again

I am getting old!