Out of the mouth of babes

So Small Bugz had a book exchange at his class party yesterday.  I sent a new book wrapped.  He comes home with this ratty book that has the back cover falling off.  I am thinking how rude of someone to send a ratty book to exchange.  I am getting huffy and puffy over the fact that my child got such an old book.  I ask him why he got such an old book.  He told me that he exchanged with another kid.  So I am getting madder as the conversation goes.  I said to him why would you choose a ratty book over a new one.  He said because I wanted to.  Still getting mad.  I asked again.  He said that the boy sat out during the exchange and was sad that he did not get a book like all the other kids.  So Small Bugz gave the new book he had just gotten to the boy and got the ratty book in exchange.  I was shocked that I was getting all mad thinking that someone had been rude, when it really was Small Bugz having the real Christmas spirit!

I am glad that he has learned somewhat how to treat other people.

Saw the movie, Invictus, today - great show!

Hope you all have a great Christmas Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Question for the week/month

Split Again

I am getting old!