Split Again

Our huge ward (over 875) finally split today!  This will have been our 5th ward split in 8 years in 2 different cities.  We are land locked now so hopefully we will not go through another split for awhile.  We are in the new ward so that means that we are no longer ward missionaries.  They only called the Bishop this morning so he does not even have counselors at this point.  Who knows what our new assignments will be - the possibilities are endless.    It is always fun to be in the new ward, starting fresh, never knowing where we will end up nor who we will be able to work with and get to know.  I am excited to see where this adventure takes us.

Comments

  1. April,
    I'm so glad that your blood pressure is lower- does this feel better? I ask because I wonder if I caused mine to spike with stress. I do suffer from headaches, so...just wondering. Get back to spin!

    Your life seems like change pushes you daily to look inward. Missionary! I can see you in your outfit with the badge now:) You're awesome.

    Thanks for the shout-out. I forgot about blogging for a while. You know: I'm in school, yada, yada. Seriously though--kinda crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't feel mad (not sure that is the right word for it) all the time. I don't feel that I am getting up in the morning to face things that make me just want to crawl back into bed because of the way I feel about doing them. I think that life is too short to be bothered with doing things that don't make you a better person and if doing something that is not a required thing (like having to work somewhere because you cannot find anything better and you need the money to live and support your family) makes you hate waking in the morning then I say, don't do it. I love the missionary thing - those ladies are great and so happy all the time, even when I have messed up because I am still learning, they are nice about it, never yelling at me for a mistake. I am actually more willing to admit wrongs because I know I will not get my head bit off!

    I did not know you were in school - what are you doing? You still do the STAR program?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys must be pros at the ward split thing by now! :) I hope you all enjoy your new assignments and new ward and that it can be stable for awhile! Good luck deciding about the missionary thing! I say if you're still enjoying it - voluteer for another 6 months! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Question for the week/month

I am getting old!