Mysterious Ways

So yesterday I was having one of those days.  You know the kind where you think that you are all alone.  You feel that you have no friends.  No one wants to do anything with you and you think that if you were to do something that you have no one to call in the first place to go do something with.  You just wonder why you are here on earth.  So as I walked out to get the mail, the girl I visit teach happens to be driving by (I personally think that she is one of the "popular" ones in the ward and everyone knows her and how sad that she has me for a visiting teacher, right?)  She actually stops and unrolls her window and says Hi to me.  Here I am thinking that no one even notices that I am alive and here is someone that stops just to say Hi - she wanted nothing else - just to wave Hi and drive on.

Then today, I was still kind of feeling the same way and I had my mission service to do.  There were so many great and small things that happened today that if you did not sit and reflect on it, you would not realize that it even happened.  This lady I was helping stopped in the middle of the interaction to tell me that she thought my skin was beautiful - she thought it was very transparent and fair - I am thinking - you must be crazy because I have so many blemishes on my face right now and I don't feel very pretty with them there.  She took the time to tell me what she thought not knowing it would make me feel better.  There was another lady that came in and said how great the Spirit is in the building that we are in.  She loves to come in just to feel of that Spirit.  It is also Cuddly Day - Halmark has a "day" for everyday.  We were given cuddly socks from the head ladies there.  I love working with them - they laugh with me and they make me feel included even though I am not sure of myself.  I think I have a long standing feeling that no one really wants to talk to me because what do I really have to say anyway and I need to get over that.

It is nice to know that the Lord will uplift even if it is in small ways that you may not realize is His handy work.  We are all loved and noticed by Him!!

Comments

  1. Great Reminder for all of us! Sorry I live so far away, but you know you can call me anytime and I will call you back, so we can talk or we can play rockband together! I found a business card that is a work from home option at the Dr. off ice I was at today..... it is the Dr. Wife who is doing it, I think it is something even you could do from utah, if you were interested. I will look into it and get back with you if you want me too!
    Hope your day is much better tomorrow and all the other days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all have days when we can feel like that! It's hard to be new in a ward with cliques. It's so true that the Lord loves us and wants to bless us even in little everyday ways!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Question for the week/month

Split Again

I am getting old!